Friday, June 24, 2011

A Headcam: A Cool Accessory

I saw some footage of a headcam and instantly decided it was a toy that I wanted to acquire. So I did. It is a GoPro Headcam, and it comes with various attachment devices. I have tested it briefly, using the head strap, and it has potential.



I like the results, and hopefully if I combine it with a third party video of my movements, it will assist me in improving my performance by revealing what I am doing wrong.

Did you spot the oops moment in the second video?

The head strap works very well, and you don't notice the weight, which is neglible. Also the video quality, as you can see, is very good.

2 comments:

  1. So, which POV "helmet cam" to buy? The well known GoPro or the lesser known, but much less bulky Contour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides the ubiquitous GoPro, there is also the "Contour +2" and the "ReplayXD1080".

    Most major brands will provide 1080HD recording and playback however each one will have its own pros and cons. Typically the "attachments" (how you fasten the camera to your head) will be extra.

    Regardless, the POV camera is an excellent training tool for playback and revelation of what you're actually doing with your hands (and gun handling) during the heat of the moment throughout the course of fire.

    Do your research, your mileage may vary. Caveat emptor.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...