Wednesday, September 4, 2013

USPSA: 2013 Utah State Championship

I spent the last weekend in Salt Lake City, Utah, competing in the USPSA State Championship. Some of you might wonder why, given that it is one helluva trip from Canada. Well, there are many reasons. I like the style of matches, I like the people, it's very affordable and, besides, I won my class the previous year.

This year I happened to be squadded with Christopher and Leighton Oosthuisen, who also happen to have a South African connection. Okay, it wasn't serendipitous. I had witnessed these two compete at the USPSA Area 1 Championship, when I was working as a match official, and when I saw that I could be squadded with them, I took the opportunity. I didn't regret it.



The match was it's usual style; fast, high round count, plenty of steel. I was amazed at how much better I shot, simply because I had a few hard charging competitors on the squad. I ended up achieving 80% of the winning performance, and winning my class again. Check out my video below.

   

While you're at it, also check out the match video of the Open Division Utah State Champion, Christopher Oosthuisen. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...